Tuesday, April 28, 2015

May My Favorite Month



May has always been my favorite month even before the birth of my first child.  Maybe it was because it was always warm, but not too hot.  Maybe it was because there were always so many beautiful flowers in bloom or the fact that school was nearly out.  I really do not know why I always loved May so much.   

My oldest son’s first birthday was on my first Mother’s Day.  How special is that?  Now that I am older May has become my bittersweet month.  One of my favorite cousin’s birthday was in May and he died last year.  Some years ago my beloved father died on May 21st a date I always loved.      

When I was young I proclaimed May 21st as my favorite day of the year.  I remembered that even after my father died, so it became a day of sadness and a day of hope, because of how special it had been to me.   

This year, May 21st will become one of the most poignant days of my life, because it was the day my precious great granddaughter, Avery Grace, was due.  She died an intrauterine death in February.   

So, as May approaches I hope that I can remember what a spectacular month it is and I hope that I can celebrate my son’s birthday with unabashed joy.  I hope that I can see the beauty of May and that the many good things about the month will serve to give me hope amidst my sorrow.   

I pray for my grandchildren who lost their baby daughter, and for the rest of us who loved her so much.  I picture my father in heaven holding her and rocking her along with my baby brother, who only lived three days.   

I am reminded of the love and sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ who lived, died, rose from the tomb after three days so that all who believe in him and the Father may have eternal life and be extremely blessed with the hope of being reunited with our loved ones someday.   

© Patty F. Cooper, April 28th, 2015, Elizabethton, Tennessee   
All Rights Reserved  

No comments:

Post a Comment