Friday, July 4, 2014

New Friends


When I started this blog in the middle of June, 2014, I had no idea how it would open up the world for me.  I was hopeful that someone somewhere would want to read the words that I wrote, but I had no idea.   

I am overwhelmed and humbled by the number of people who have visited my blog.  I am astonished when I see the number of people who have visited my words from the United States and from numbers of other countries.   

I want to say hello to all of you and to welcome each and every one of you to my site.  Although I have no idea who you are, I feel friendship for you and an intimacy with you.  I wish that we could sit down by the creek and have a glass of sweet tea, a southern favorite, and talk and visit.   

Anyway, thank you for coming.  I extend my hand in friendship.  I call you neighbor.  If any of my words add to your lives in any way whatsoever then I am thankful that they came to me from deep inside my writing well which does not hold water, but words.   

We are a part of a community.  It is a community not limited by borders or seas.  We are only bound to each other by words and the invisible thread of the magical internet.  We are each free to stay or free to go.  But, we are united despite our nationalities and our differences.  We are the community of US.   
 
Soon, I plan to share the first chapter of my first book with you.  It is a book set after the U.S. Civil War.  It is the story of an 18 year old girl/woman from South Carolina whose life is turned upside down so that she has many unexpected adventures.   

You will find that the main characters in my novels and stories are definitely not “couch potatoes.”  I hope that you will enjoy meeting them!   

I plan to put the series Uprooted on hold after the next story.  I will start a new series about life on the creeks and in the mountains and towns of eastern Kentucky, eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina--in short stories from and about life in Appalachia.  I hope that you will like it.   

I plan to continue publishing a poem each week and an essay about whatever is nagging at my head.  I welcome your comments either through the comment section or through emails.   

You are welcome to come and visit this site anytime.  I invite you to come often.  I also hope that you will tell your friends about this blog, if you feel that they would gain anything from visiting here, too.   
   
Thank you my new friends, I send many blessings to you and I hope that you have a wonderful day.   

In peace and in love, Patty   

©Patty F. Cooper, Elizabethton, Tennessee July 4th, 2014

All Rights Reserved     

No comments:

Post a Comment