Saturday, February 20, 2016

Eagle Soar Non-fiction by Patrica F. Cooper


On the way home from the grocery store, at the stop light by the small airport down the road from the house I thought that I had lost my mind.  Again.  I saw what I thought was an eagle in flight. 
  
I told Ed about it, but I thought I must have been mistaken.  Sure, we live in the midst of a national forest in a land so wild that the song birds don’t even know to get the seeds from the bird feeder.

There is a university camera set up watching two eagles nest about sixty miles from us, but there were no reports of an eagle or pair nearby.   

Then, this morning in the newspaper were two pictures of an eagle.  One in a tree and another of one in flight near the airport on Thursday.  Someone captured the picture of the eagle I saw as it flew across and over the road right when I saw it.   

How about that for a coincidence?  I actually saw an eagle soar not five miles down the road from where we live.  I hope that eagle finds a mate and decides to set up housekeeping, hopefully in our woods on our creek in a tree right next to where our blue heron lives most of the time.

Patrica F. Cooper, Elizabethton, TN February 20th, 2016   

© All Rights Reserved   

No comments:

Post a Comment